August 16, 2007

Back to School Prayers

As my kids returned to classes yesterday I found myself sending extra prayers. The more I thought about it there are so many more things to pray about for the school year than just my kids. Here are the ones that have come to my mind to pray. Feel free to add any you may have as well. If I have more come to me I'll update the post.
  • I pray that any child, staff/ faculty member, bus driver, commissary worker or anyone else in a school building that does not know you today would be enlightened to the gospel.
  • I pray for safety from harm of any kind in the schools
  • I pray for safety on the roads as everyone heads to and from
  • I pray that students and adults who are following Christ would be encouraged and shine brightly
  • I pray that teachers and office staffs would have wisdom in dealing with each situation that may come their way
  • I thank you for blessing us and entrusting us with our kids
  • I pray that you shield the hearts and minds of those who would be deceived or destroyed from the evil one
  • Help me to trust You with my child's safety and well being
  • Help each student build bonds of friendship that will allow them to reach out to those who need You as well as those who will help build them up
  • Help me as a parent be responsive to the needs that the teachers may have
  • Help me as a parent respond appropriately to the needs of my children
  • Make our family an instrument to impact the schools my children attend for the Kingdom
  • Thy will be done...

No comments: