July 17, 2007

GC -- "Marked for Life" by Gary Aupperle


As promised I will be sharing notes from the Conference sessions. I needed a few days to recover mentally and skim these with that perspective. What follows are my notes from the final devotional session where Pastor Aupperle challenged us prior to corporate communion.


  • Galatians 6:11-18

  • we will all be marked by something in life; what will it be in mine?


- Deut.21:23

  • - I Cor. 1:18
  • we should be tattooed by the cross
  • Barna's 12 most significant religious findings of 2006 included:

*15% of evangelicals see God as the top priority in life

* 35% say God expects us to be holy

#1: I will EMBRACE the cross

  • the cross + nothing = salvation. nothing else is needed !
  • Judaizers: cross + the law needed
  • Gal. 1:6,7; 3:3; 6:11-15
  • this view helps avoid any persecution because of the cross
  • picking up your cross and carrying it is a one way journey - you don't get to come back

#2 I will ENDURE the cross

  • Gal. 6:16,17
  • 2 Cor 11:23-28
  • no distraction from the goal
  • Luke 9:51; 14:27
  • I cannot say YES to the cross and continue to hang on to the things of this life

#3 I will EXALT only in the cross

  • Gal. 6:14-15
  • it's not about the externals
  • Phil. 2:14-16
  • nothing in this world holds attraction for me
  • Acts 20:22-24

WHAT WILL YOU BE MARKED BY?????

No comments: